Welcome to TM1 Support.com
As the Managing Director of a Consultant Firm Specalising in IBM Cognos TM1, I'm powerfully driven to create and inspire innovation in the Business Intelligence Industry specialising in Corporate Planning. As a part of this I launched TM1 Support.com in 2007.
Imagine the potential and power of a business intelligence tool which can be sculpted and moulded to meet any business requirement, and can then also be maintained and used day to day by that non technical bunch we call management accounting.
This is the real-life situation for many implementors of IBM Cognos TM1. But, there are also many TM1 implementations that didn't make it to production, didn't take with business users or has been implemented in limiting ways. At tm1support.com we aim to empower your TM1 Administrators and Users alike to use the best from TM1, sculpting and moulding it in ways that will best describe your business and processes. Ultimately giving your users the best value-for-money available with that money you have already spent on licensing.
Presently TM1 Support covers technical administrative responsibilities like server backups, installing newer versions of IBM Cognos TM1 and maintenance methodologies for Dimensions, Processes, Cubes and Data. In the future we are going to expand on non-technical components of implementing TM1, aspects like:
- "What should we provide the consultants, before they create a Statement of Work?"
- "What should a Statement of Work cover and how best to approach and interpret it?"
"To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge." - Benjamin Disraeli. As a reminder to myself I would like to state that this is also a learning process for us to put in writing that which we have learned naturally through the process of implementing TM1 over the last 6 years.
Great Reading Ahead
We monitor a fair few Industry Blogs here at TM1 Support.com so I thought I'd put together a list of the good ones we watch.
TM1 Support Blog
- Our Blog. Subscribe for updates on TM1 News and Implementation Tips and Tricks of the Trade.
BIHints.com | Spilling the Beans
- This blog keeps up to date with TM1 Software versions and also has some pretty neat Tips and Tricks.
J. Wakefields TM1 Blog
- James is one of the best TM1 Consultants around at the moment and a good friend. Check out his recently revived blog for the latest TM1 News.
- The TM1 Forum which took over the show after the original Applix Forum was closed down. This is ran by some top TM1 Super Hero's for their respective Companies. This is a good place to get some additional assistance, the guys are more than willing to help answer your curly questions.
TM1 on Wikipedia
- Doesn't really do the software justice.